Today is the first BIG day of day parties, so cube-dwellers can read along jealously for all the fun everyone else will be enjoying:
There are two big day parties, two day parties that will be running all week, and one evening-ish boat party that I recommend today:
1) MAGIC HAT BEER PARTY! Oh, I mean, the Paste Magazine party at Radio Room from 11:30am-6pm. Perfect for a lunch break even if you’re not partying all day!
2) After a Magic Hat (or 5), head to Florida Bandango at Yard Dog Folk Art Gallery. I don’t know what any of that means, but the food (alligator chili!) and cigars are worth it. (noon-7pm)
3) Then, check out Fader Fort‘s first day, even though it is now on the east side. Boo. (1-9pm)
4) Filter Magazine has their Cedar Street showdown, and usually has BBQ, though they’re not advertising it. Worth a stop after Fader–got keep food in the belly after all that booze! (Don’t know time)
5) March Mashup Boat Party: Daily Juice, cupcakes, and DJs are the highlights of this free Lake Austin booze cruise. (5:30pm departure)