I’m in Houston for Beer Bike, our biggest, weirdest event where people start boozing at 6am. But here I am at a Keggs ‘n Eggs party, making sure the good people in Austin know what to do today. I would recommend a Venti Starbucks coffee with whisky, but that’s just me. Anyway, the top 5 for today:
1) Rachael Ray Feedback Party at Maggie Mae’s. Love her or hate her, doesn’t matter, get to her party early and you’ll still have to wait in line but it’s totally worth it because OMG the food! Bourbon BBQ chicken last year blew me away. Plus good drinks like mojitos and buzz band like Hold Steady, New York Dolls, Bob Schneider, The Cringe, and more. noon-5pm
2) Rolling Stone Knuckle Rumbler at Peckerheads. It’s one of the nation’s most iconoic magaines plus free RED Light Energy Drink, Sailor Jerry’s Rum, Sweet Leaf Tea, Taco Cabana, Southern Comfort Happy Hour, goodies from Gelaskins. The STELLAR lineup includes Lady Sovereign and a “Special Guest.” 1-7pm
3) Restop SXSW 2009 at Copa. Listed only for the humor of this: “Jew-food flown in from New York City.” Free drinks, bagels, lox & free flasks to the first 50 people. JDub bands Golem, Deleon, Girls in Trouble, and friends, Fools Gold Rafi.1pm-?
4) If you’ve got an invite, you must hit Perez Hilton’s One Night in Austin. Despite the questionable choice of Beyonce-baby-sis Solange, the rest of his diva-themed lineup looks great.
5) The Big One at the do512 Compund on S Lamar. The website/calendar/go-to guide has really come into its own this year, and is throwing a party with Sweet Leaf, Lone Star Beer, Savvy Vodka, and Rozone Productions. Unfortunately, it’s a destination as it’snot anywhere close to 6th. 2:30p-10p